Question about commiting the sources

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Mon Mar 19 21:47:25 UTC 2012

On 3/18/12 12:21 AM, Pavel Alexeev wrote:
> Ok, please look say on php-pecl-parsekit:
> http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=php-pecl-parsekit.git;a=tree
> There in sources one patch:
> http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=php-pecl-parsekit.git;a=blob;f=sources;h=8734d4cfe05323e4e2384902887c23f789dcbf0d;hb=HEAD
> it was uploaded as fedpkg new-sources or upload action. Is there any
> chance occur link on php-pecl-parsekit-1.3-php-5.4.patch? Or I should I
> have been done it not as upload source but plain git add and commit?
> Will it allow me then build package? Is there any recommendations or
> "common case"?

The patch should have been added as a file to the repository, along side
the .spec file and the sources file.  It should not have been uploaded
to the lookaside.  The lookaside is only used for upstream release
archives, so that we have a persistent mirror of that release.

--
Help me fight child abuse: http://tinyurl.com/jlkcourage

- jlk