Summary & minutes for today's FESCo meeting (2012-03-19)

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 01:26:42 UTC 2012

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 3:46 PM, Jon Ciesla <limburgher at gmail.com> wrote:
> * #830 F18 Feature: ARM as Primary Arch --
>  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/FedoraARM  (limburgher,
>  18:44:13)
>  * LINK:
>    http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Machine_Resources_For_Package_Maintainers
>    (nirik, 18:45:42)
>  * AGREED: ask qa, rel-eng, kernel and infra teams to provide feedback
>    on the proposal. Ask fesco members to come up with critera that they
>    would want to add and revisit next week.  (+8,-:0,0:0)  (limburgher,
>    19:09:50)

It's fairly disappointing this was discussed during this meeting without
being on the agenda that was sent out.  This is a rather large item that
needs a lot of discussion among the various groups in Fedora, and I'm sure
that I'm not the only person that wasn't aware it was even going to be in
the meeting today.  (Even ignoring the fact that the agenda was sent without
a proper Subject and easily skipped.)

It's plain irritating that per the logs, the proposers of this thought it
was just going to be covered in the 'Open Floor' section.  Seriously, this
is not the way to start off on a great foot for such a major proposal.

josh