Summary & minutes for today's FESCo meeting (2012-03-19)

Jon Ciesla limburgher at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 01:38:31 UTC 2012

On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 8:26 PM, Josh Boyer <jwboyer at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 19, 2012 at 3:46 PM, Jon Ciesla <limburgher at gmail.com> wrote:
>> * #830 F18 Feature: ARM as Primary Arch --
>>  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/FedoraARM  (limburgher,
>>  18:44:13)
>>  * LINK:
>>    http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Machine_Resources_For_Package_Maintainers
>>    (nirik, 18:45:42)
>>  * AGREED: ask qa, rel-eng, kernel and infra teams to provide feedback
>>    on the proposal. Ask fesco members to come up with critera that they
>>    would want to add and revisit next week.  (+8,-:0,0:0)  (limburgher,
>>    19:09:50)
>
> It's fairly disappointing this was discussed during this meeting without
> being on the agenda that was sent out.  This is a rather large item that
> needs a lot of discussion among the various groups in Fedora, and I'm sure
> that I'm not the only person that wasn't aware it was even going to be in
> the meeting today.  (Even ignoring the fact that the agenda was sent without
> a proper Subject and easily skipped.)
>
> It's plain irritating that per the logs, the proposers of this thought it
> was just going to be covered in the 'Open Floor' section.  Seriously, this
> is not the way to start off on a great foot for such a major proposal.

Agreed, my apologies.  I'm still getting the hang of chairing meetings
and only saw the ARM feature after I sent the agenda.  I added it to
the meeting thinking additional discussion would be helpful, not
necessarily that it needed a definitive vote.  I'll certainly be more
careful all around next time.

-J

> josh
> --