Heads up: rpm 4.10.0 alpha to hit rawhide shortly

Jonathan Dieter jdieter at lesbg.com
Tue Mar 20 15:10:19 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-03-20 at 16:15 +0200, Panu Matilainen wrote:
> On 03/20/2012 01:49 PM, Jonathan Dieter wrote:
> > On Tue, 2012-03-20 at 13:08 +0200, Panu Matilainen wrote:
> >> So... first hickup that broke koji: the buildroot now requires deltarpm
> >> which needs rebuilding due to to the soname bump before we can proceed.
> >> I dont recall this being an issue before but I guess that's called
> >> progress :)
> >
> > Why does the buildroot require deltarpm?  Are deltarpms now being
> > generated during builds instead of at compose time?
>
> No clue. It appears to get dragged in via 'yum groupinstall srpm-build'
> and it means chain-build doesn't work either.

Ok, in F16 (and I'm assuming this is also true in Rawhide; unfortunately
I don't have a Rawhide tree here to test), fedpkg is in the srpm-build
group, and it requires pyrpkg which requires mock which requires
createrepo which requires deltarpm.

I don't know how easily we can clean up these dependencies.  Do we need
mock in the buildroot?  If not, is it possible to split pyrpkg's mock
functionality into a subpackage?

Jonathan