Evolution + bogofilter

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.net
Tue Mar 20 15:17:58 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-03-20 at 08:04 +0100, Milan Crha wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-03-19 at 23:06 -0500, Mike Chambers wrote:
> > Does setting emails in your inbox folder to junk working automatically?
> > It seem it doesn't do it automatically and I have to keep selecting them
> > and manually marking them junk.
> >
> > On a fresh install (such as this one), I do a restore from a backup file
> > as I always do, to include doiong the same thing in F16 (that worked
> > just fine) and the settings are there, and set as suppose to be.  Also
> > evolution-bogofilter is installed as well.  Just for some reason it's
> > not setting them to junk automatically.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > evolution-bogofilter-3.3.91-1.fc17.x86_64
> > evolution-3.3.91-1.fc17.x86_64
> > bogofilter-1.2.2-3.fc17.x86_64
>
> Hi,
> evolution's backup doesn't contain your bogofilter database, it's stored
> in a bogofilter private directory, thus I guess you need to train it
> again?

Yes I understand it has to relearn.  But it doesn't is the problem.  I
had to keep marking them as junk.

Example, just reinstalled F16+updates on this very box.  Started evo +
the backup file as a restore, just as with F17.  Soon as I marked the
initial spam stuff in my inbox as junk, it started marking
automatically.  No, it doesn't get them all the time and have to relearn
as I go, but it starts to immediately.

F17 does NOT do it, almost none at all, even after a couple of days of
marking them.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY