Summary & minutes for today's FESCo meeting (2012-03-19)

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Tue Mar 20 15:21:01 UTC 2012

Once upon a time, Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> said:
> Well, speaking for myself only, I read this as pretty much a "Lets
> begin discussions on it". There's no way a short bit at the end of a
> meeting is going to allow enough discussion.
>
> So, this is just to start the ball rolling and collect feedback from
> everyone. No need to feel bad about not being there to give feedback at
> this first meeting.

Well, it was proposed as an F18 feature, which _could_ have been
approved at a single meeting.

Speaking as a mirror admin (granted of a smaller mirror), I don't have
sufficient disk space for two new architectures (the Fedora ARM team is
actually proposing two different ARM arches).  I would like to see the
mirrors involved in the discussion, as there may be other (and larger)
mirrors that won't carry this.

I'm also not really sure what the gain is for moving from secondary to
primary arch.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>