RFC: Primary architecture promotion requirements

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Tue Mar 20 17:17:26 UTC 2012

Kevin Kofler wrote:
> But IMHO ARM doesn't have the market share either.

Kevin, you don't know what you are talking about. Every cell phone has
an ARM cpu in it. Smart phone or otherwise. Almost every HDTV has an ARM
cpu in it. Almost every tablet has an ARM cpu in it. What do people buy
these days? Phones, tablets, and TVs. Not desktop computers. Hell, ARM
is even building server boxes now (this is probably where Red Hat's
interest is in).

I'll enjoy calling up these emails 2 years from now when you're
complaining that Fedora isn't ready for ARM (if we don't start now).