RFC: Primary architecture promotion requirements

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Mar 20 17:21:27 UTC 2012

drago01 wrote:
> I don't know about the details there but that does not sound like
> unfixable to be.

In theory yes, in practice I don't think this will be fixed any time soon,
yet…

> I'd even say that fixing that is a prerequisite to allow secondary
> archs that run on "slow" hardware to become primary.

… I have to wholeheartedly agree with you on this part. It's just not
possible to wait for those glacially slow ARM builders to complete their
builds. Even the "enterprise class" hardware being discussed is going to be
ridiculously slow.

        Kevin Kofler