RFC: Primary architecture promotion requirements

Brendan Conoboy blc at redhat.com
Tue Mar 20 18:45:02 UTC 2012

On 03/20/2012 11:39 AM, Chris Adams wrote:
> And how many cell phones, tablets, and TVs is Fedora ARM planning to
> target?  It doesn't sound like that's the target market (at least at
> this time).

Indeed, targeting mobile devices on day 1 is beyond the scope of the
proposal.  The first step is the eat-our-own-dogfood target, which is
self-hosting ARM servers.  Mobile devices are a natural direction for
Fedora ARM, of course, but as with every new direction there are a
different set of challenges to be worked through.  For now we're just
talking about the core OS.

Brendan Conoboy / Red Hat, Inc. / blc at redhat.com