RFC: Primary architecture promotion requirements

Brendan Conoboy blc at redhat.com
Tue Mar 20 19:14:11 UTC 2012

On 03/20/2012 12:05 PM, Jesse Keating wrote:
> So if you're willing to live like that, I must ask again, what do you
> think you'll be getting out of being a primary arch?

I'm willing to temporarily do better than secondary and worse than
primary on the road to becoming primary.  This is a huge transition-
identifying the right path to make that transition is part of what this
is about.  The whole point of this thread is to establish requirements
for promotion.  Part of that discussion logically includes the steps to
get there.  Currently what I hear is "be as good as x86 and you're
there."  That's not productive.  There are legitimate issues with moving
to PA so we're having this discussion to identify them and ultimately
work through them.

Brendan Conoboy / Red Hat, Inc. / blc at redhat.com