RFC: Primary architecture promotion requirements

Aleksandar Kurtakov akurtako at redhat.com
Tue Mar 20 20:01:04 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----

If we really have to set requirements for proposals I see one thing totally missed from the discussion up to now.
Is the SA ready? And giving a definition for being ready:
* does it release together with the PAs?
* has it ever released without a significant delay? define delay - 1 month?, 3 months?
* does it have the majority of the packages readgy? 70? 80? 90%?
* name yours

I really think that before promoting SA to PA it should have at least one release being done together with the PAs with a sufficient feature set. Nothing prevents SA to prove that it can deliver on time much like the PA do now.

Alex