Evolution + bogofilter

Milan Crha mcrha at redhat.com
Wed Mar 21 08:54:43 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-03-20 at 10:17 -0500, Mike Chambers wrote:
> Yes I understand it has to relearn.  But it doesn't is the problem.  I
> had to keep marking them as junk.
>
> Example, just reinstalled F16+updates on this very box.  Started evo +
> the backup file as a restore, just as with F17.  Soon as I marked the
> initial spam stuff in my inbox as junk, it started marking
> automatically.  No, it doesn't get them all the time and have to relearn
> as I go, but it starts to immediately.
>
> F17 does NOT do it, almost none at all, even after a couple of days of
> marking them.

	Hi,
try to run evolution from console like this:
   $ CAMEL_DEBUG=junk evolution
which should tell you what evolution does when you mark message as
junk/not-junk. It should print something when a new mail arrives too.

This thread
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/2011-November/msg00093.html
is discussing similar issue with older evolution. It's rather long, but
it contains some tests even for bogofilter database, checking how full
it is and so on.
	Hope that helps,
	Milan