RFC: Primary architecture promotion requirements

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Wed Mar 21 09:04:39 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
> just a side note - I was told by an OpenSUSE on ARM person that they
> use
> x86 boxes with the user-space qemu virtual machine. It works quite
> fast,
> but still needs some hacking eg. in test-suites

Yep, OpenSUSE uses qemu - it's sometimes not as stable as it should be,
I saw a few strange random crashes in qemu but usually it works. I
talked with them once, they were surprised by our "native builds" policy.

Maybe it's worth to ask them (or look at for example Mer builds) what's
the difference in build times.

R.