Heads up: rpm 4.10.0 alpha to hit rawhide shortly

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Wed Mar 21 09:04:54 UTC 2012

On 03/20/2012 07:37 PM, Jesse Keating wrote:
> On 3/20/12 8:10 AM, Jonathan Dieter wrote:
>> Ok, in F16 (and I'm assuming this is also true in Rawhide; unfortunately
>> I don't have a Rawhide tree here to test), fedpkg is in the srpm-build
>> group, and it requires pyrpkg which requires mock which requires
>> createrepo which requires deltarpm.
>>
>> I don't know how easily we can clean up these dependencies. Do we need
>> mock in the buildroot? If not, is it possible to split pyrpkg's mock
>> functionality into a subpackage?
>
> We're working on a 'fedpkg-simple' which just provides the functionality
> needed to construct the srpm and nothing else, which will greatly reduce
> the deps pulled in. I'm not sure what the ETA is on this.

Sounds good, but doesn't help me get the new rpm in right now. I'm
starting to consider going dirty and just adding fake library provides
for one build of rpm to get deltarpm "bootstrapped", as I assume
createrepo (and thus deltarpm) doesn't actually get invoked in the srpm
creation phase, right?

	- Panu -