Mass deduplication and reassignment of ABRT bugs

Miroslav Lichvar mlichvar at redhat.com
Wed Mar 21 12:56:48 UTC 2012

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 08:58:36PM +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> Here's another suspicious action:
>
>   https://bugzilla.redhat.com/714364#3
>
> Is anybody from the ABRT team watching these actions?
> The bot closed bug 714364 (gtk2) as duplicate of bug 701926
> (rhythmbox) and did  the same for the other mentioned tickets.
> That only makes sense if somebody then performs the rhythmbox->gtk2
> reassignment. I've done it here, but what about other tickets where
> maybe nobody is pays attention?

This can happen when the script can't find a common component for the
bugs, so the component of the bug which will remain open is random. I
think in most cases that wouldn't be a problem, the maintainer would
at least see the bug was reported in other components, but here one of
the closed bugs was already assigned to the right component.

The reason gtk2 was not found is that the backtraces from the totem
and transmission bugs contained paths to shared libraries which were
not found in our database. One option is to ignore such backtraces,
another is to try to get the components corresponding to the
backtraces harder. We'll work on that.

Thanks,

--
Miroslav Lichvar