ARM as a primary architecture

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Thu Mar 22 03:13:17 UTC 2012

Brendan Conoboy wrote:

> On 03/21/2012 07:00 PM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
>> We have seen what happened when the EU took Greece's word on the promise
>> that they'd eventually meet the Maastricht criteria. Let's not do the
>> same mistake in Fedora!
>
> What?

The Maastricht criteria are the requirements countries had to fulfill to get
accepted into the Eurozone (i.e. to use the Euro as their currency). Greece
was accepted into the Eurozone without fulfilling those criteria because
they promised they'd fix the problems later. (FWIW, they also "adjusted" the
stats to fit the criteria in more than one place and the EU failed to detect
the cheating.) This is the main reason why we have the Euro crisis now.

(Sorry for the European politics intermission, but I just had to explain the
analogy. :-) )

        Kevin Kofler