ARM as a primary architecture

Brendan Conoboy blc at redhat.com
Thu Mar 22 21:00:24 UTC 2012

On 03/22/2012 01:23 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> I would still like you to consider the question of whether this holds
> for the Fedora case, though. Is Fedora as a project in fact suitable -
> either in current implementation, or in terms of our self-definition and
> long term goals - for this whole 'market' you are identifying as a
> single entity? Are we in fact truly interested in producing code for
> these content consumption devices? Is that what we're doing?

#include <outofscope.h>

Fedora is not currently suitable for mobile devices.  The majority of
end users want content consumption, not content creation, devices.  The
fact that computers up to this point have been general purpose enough to
be both is why we're all here having this conversation.  I'm not saying
Fedora is going to save the world, but it can certainly save itself by
making sure that future content-consumption devices can also be used for
content creation.  It's the hardware that the majority of all future
developers-in-potential are going to own.

Brendan Conoboy / Red Hat, Inc. / blc at redhat.com