ARM as a primary architecture

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Fri Mar 23 03:46:23 UTC 2012

Adam Williamson wrote:
> Anecdotal data is great, but it's just anecdotal. I tried using a laptop
> and no desktop for a year and switched back to a desktop, I found the
> faff involved in switching between the two setups too much of a pain.
> I'm sure I'm not unique either. =)

My desktop is actually older and slower than my notebook. Yet I use the
desktop whenever I'm at home. The form factor is just more convenient.

Similarly, I don't want to replace my 13.3" notebook with a 7-10" tablet or
netbook, even if the performance were the same. 13.3" fits nicely in my
backpack, which fits my needs for mobility.

        Kevin Kofler