Booting Fedora from LVM with grub2

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Mar 23 15:26:22 UTC 2012

Am 23.03.2012 16:19, schrieb Michael Cronenworth:
> David Lehman wrote:
>> I was able to complete an install of F17-Alpha just now with all lvm. I
>> had to force the use of MSDOS disklabel instead of GPT (used parted's
>> mklabel command on tty2 while the anaconda prerelease warning was on
>> screen on tty6)
>
> Does the anaconda option "nogpt" no longer exist?

you have to boot with "noefi" as kernel-param to get
rid of this whole GPT/EFI crap and end in a successful
customized disk layout

this took me THREE HOURS last monday to get a machne
setup with 3 raid1 (/boot, / and /data), really poor
have a OS installer not supporting /boot on a mirrored
RAID leading in a unbootable system if the wrong disk
fails in the year 2012

the F16 error message is useless, so i burned
F15 again, got a better error message which brought
the "noefi" option by google and since it was a DVD-RW
after the first setup upgrade to F16

anaconda is really one of the most hated things of
me since many years and because F17 alpha falls back
on text-installation while manual partitioning is
rmeoved in text-mode currently more than ever