Question mainline kernel on Fedora

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Mar 23 18:08:47 UTC 2012

Am 23.03.2012 19:00, schrieb Konstantin Ryabitsev:
> On Fri, 2012-03-23 at 17:46 +0100, Michal Schmidt wrote:
>> http://kernel.org/faq/#stablekernels
>
> I'm pretty sure that FAQ entry is a bit outdated by now, too. Basically,
> if it came from linux-stable.git and doesn't have an -rc in the tag,
> it's a stable kernel release.
>
> https://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git;a=summary
>
> PS: Ignore what it says on www.kernel.org -- those guys need to fix
> their script. ;)

it would also help if people are using google before write and generally
read one or two IT newstickers at all where you found the articles at
release day and could watch building on koji - great job what
the kernel-maintainers are doing the last months!

simply type "kernel 3.3 released" or whatever
kernel version in the last years came out
_________________________

http://www.engadget.com/2012/03/19/linux-kernel-3-3-merged-android-code/
Linux kernel 3.3 released with merged Android code and more

http://lkml.org/lkml/2012/3/18/132
Subject	Linux 3.3 release

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/linux-linus-torvalds-kernel-3.3,15048.html
Linux Kernel 3.3 Released

http://www.linuxuser.co.uk/news/linux-3-3-kernel-released-by-linus-torvalds/
Linux Kernel 3.3 released by Linus Torvalds

http://www.heise.de/open/meldung/Linux-Kernel-3-3-freigegeben-1467641.html
Linux-Kernel 3.3 freigegeben

http://techie-buzz.com/foss/linux-kernel-3-3-released-android.html
Linux Kernel 3.3 Released with Merge of Kernel Code from Android

http://www.webosnation.com/linux-standard-kernel-33-released-android-trapping-tow
Linux Standard Kernel 3.3 released, Android trappings in tow