Booting Fedora from LVM with grub2

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Sun Mar 25 08:32:02 UTC 2012

On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 12:08:42PM -0400, Gerry Reno wrote:
> You can do all of these things manually outside of anaconda and then
> just tell anaconda to use existing setup.  But that is not very user
> friendly.

I had similar problems trying to set up a basic RAID 1 (not /boot)
guest.  I found Anaconda is full of bugs and wierdness once you stray
into the custom partitioning code.

Apparently kickstart is a better way to do this.

Perhaps, like Ubuntu's installer, the graphical part of Anaconda
should concentrate on doing the simple stuff, and leave everything
else to kickstart non-graphical installations.

Rich.