ARM as a primary architecture

Gerd Hoffmann kraxel at redhat.com
Mon Mar 26 08:41:53 UTC 2012

  Hi,

>> they use a rather scary looking pile of development boards with very
>> poor I/O.
>
> Buy a trimslice and run it with iSCSI.  It's a very clean package, and
> I can get 80 MB/sec to my file server's disks.  That is neither
> "scary" nor "poor I/O".
>
> http://www.delorie.com/arm/trimslice/iscsi.html

Running the thing on iscsi is a good idea, given that local storage is
linked up via usb while gb ethernet is hooked up via pcie.

Any particular reason why you boot the thing via tftp?  I'd expect just
having /boot on the sd card (which you need for boot anyway) is easier,
especially when it comes to kernel updates.

cheers,
  Gerd