dh-make broken deps for 3 releases

Kalev Lember kalevlember at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 10:44:04 UTC 2012

On 03/26/2012 01:57 AM, Oron Peled wrote:
> On Sunday, 25 בMarch 2012 20:01:37 Kalev Lember wrote:
>> For the past 17 months, each rawhide report has had broken dh-make deps.
>> The package was imported 21 Oct 2010 depending on a non-existing
>> "debhelper" package and has been broken ever since.
>
> Regretfully, you are correct. What's not so clear is how can we *fix*
> this instead of abolishing all this package chain:

Wonderful. Fixing the package sounds much better than just removing it.

[snip]
> * As I mentioned on some of these bug-reports, I'm willing to maintain
> all these packages (see below).
>
> However, I wasn't the one submitting the BR, nor the reviewer.
> What process should I follow to make this happen?

Have you tried emailing Jeroen to see if he can let you take over
dh-make / approve you as a co-maintainer? If he's not replying, I guess
you could try the
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Policy_for_nonresponsive_package_maintainers

Regarding unfinished package review tickets, just open new ones under
your own name and close the old ones as a duplicate, as per
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Policy_for_stalled_package_reviews . Then
you can continue working on importing the rest of the deps.

Good luck with this!

--
Kalev