Managing the GNOME updates in Fedora

Olav Vitters olav at vitters.nl
Mon Mar 26 21:28:38 UTC 2012

On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 12:49:32PM +0100, Richard Hughes wrote:
> On 26 March 2012 11:58, Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com> wrote:
> > It would be nice if the rawhide stream was built at the same time as
> > well as not doing so has the effect of people trying to work with
> > rawhide as well get random failures and in the process of building
> > F-17 and rawhide on ARM a non insignificant number of gnome packages
> > have newer builds in F-16 than they do in both rawhide and F-17 that
> > I've ended up having to fix.
>
> Yes, this is a valid critisism. I'm hoping to write a tool to
> automatically update GNOME builds in a stable release and in rawhide
> (that watches ftp-release list), rather than having to do it all
> manually.

If you want ideas:
http://svnweb.mageia.org/soft/mga-gnome/trunk/mga-gnome?view=markup
Though note that Mageia packages per .so library version, so any bumps =
breakage (on purpose, goes in another package)

Also, if you need more information on ftp.gnome.org or in
ftp-release-list:
http://git.gnome.org/browse/sysadmin-bin/tree/ftpadmin
Still want:
- One (preferably json) file on ftp.gnome.org containing all latest
  versions of all modules. Problem is that master.gnome.org uses NFS and
  bit worried about how to update such a file nicely.
- An RSS feed again (apparently there is some django module which makes
  this easy; needs to be available for RHEL6/EPEL6).

--
Regards,
Olav