httpd 2.4 is coming, RFC on module packaging draft

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Tue Mar 27 16:56:48 UTC 2012

JO> Yup - the default config in the f18 httpd does load
JO> mod_access_compat, and I don't see a problem with shipping like
JO> that.

This is good news, because even if we convert the httpd.conf.d files in
all of the packages, they're all marked %config(noreplace) so a package
update won't magically fix

JO> It would be good to convert webapps over for f18, having said that.

It would be great to have a short document about this (even though I
know the conversion is largely trivial).  Would it be reasonable to have
something should be added to the packaging guidelines at some point so
that new packages don't rely on the compatibility module?

 - J<