Fwd: Connotation analysis for Fedora Project codenames

Paul Wouters paul at cypherpunks.ca
Tue Mar 27 18:43:28 UTC 2012

On Tue, 27 Mar 2012, Kevin Kofler wrote:

> My proposal is to just stop using release codenames NOW, including removing
> the name for Fedora 17

+1

The names are useless. I can't even remember them because they seem
so arbitrary. At least the names on Ubuntu give you some indication of
which is older/newer.

If names are really needed, make them based on the most important
new features of the release. For instance, if F18's main new feature
would be a new integrity meassurement system, you can call the release
Sherlock Holmes :P Or if the next release would allow ECC, you can call
the release Elliptic Conundrum :P

Paul