Booting Fedora from LVM with grub2

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Wed Mar 28 07:25:37 UTC 2012

Adam Williamson wrote on 27.03.2012 20:14:
> [...]
> It's worth bearing in mind there's a giant anaconda UI rewrite still
> pending, which entirely redesigns the storage configuration GUI. One of
> the other major changes is that it makes all installations
> kickstart-driven. The GUI will just produce a kickstart file, which
> anaconda will then process to perform the actual install.

Just out of curiosity: Your description makes me assume that the
installer in the future still don't do things like partitioning,
formating or installing a basic set of packages in the background while
the user (which has a high latency/response time) is asked questions
about the root password to use, users accounts to create or which
timezone the system is in?

Just wondering, because the Ubuntu installer does things like that,
which makes the installation a little bit quicker.

CU
 knurd