Booting Fedora from LVM with grub2

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Wed Mar 28 16:16:24 UTC 2012

Am 28.03.2012 17:58, schrieb Jared K. Smith:
> On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 4:16 AM, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:
>> if this ever happens anaconda has to be considered as
>> broken by design
>
> Harald, I've tried to be patient with your recent posts to the devel
> list, but you don't seem to get the message (or you're actively
> choosing to ignore it), so I'm going to say it again as clearly as I
> can.  The universe of Fedora development doesn't revolve around you.
> Development involves a fair amount of group consensus, but as in any
> meritocracy -- people are more likely to have their opinions valued
> and listened to when they're willing to take an active role in the
> process, rather than playing Monday-morning quarterback (an American
> term, sorry) or complaining about things after the fact.

sorry but WHY do you strip the context of my message

>> Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
>>> Perhaps, like Ubuntu's installer, the graphical part of Anaconda
>>> should concentrate on doing the simple stuff, and leave everything
>>> else to kickstart non-graphical installations

this would mean you have from DVD only a "click, click" default
install and for every setup wihich is not default you have to
deal with kickstart

do you really think this is a good idea and improvement of
the installer in any way?

> complaining about things after the fact

and that is why i wrote the mail to not complain AFTER the fact
like systemd last year - i do not really understand your problem
with this message of me in the context - really!