Booting Fedora from LVM with grub2

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Wed Mar 28 17:05:33 UTC 2012

Am 28.03.2012 18:55, schrieb Rahul Sundaram:
> On 03/28/2012 09:46 PM, Reindl Harald wrote:
>>
>> and that is why i wrote the mail to not complain AFTER the fact
>> like systemd last year - i do not really understand your problem
>> with this message of me in the context - really!
>
> You keep ranting based on assumptions. Someone has asked a question.
> Just wait for a reply first.

ah - i am not permitted to say my opinion of a very very bad
idea before i become green light - from whom does this green
light come and how is it marked that i see it next time?

> Don't pile on top. Before pressing send,
> reread to make sure you don't appear to be demanding and shouting.  You
> continue to behave in a obnoxious way in the users list as well as
> others have pointed out there too.

can you please quote what extactly was "obnoxious" the last days?
seems for me that some people are really over sensitive

was it this?
if yes - why?

>> you need first to understand:
>> http://slacksite.com/other/ftp.html
>>
>> most clients these days are using PASV because active
>> ftp will not work if the client is behind a router
>> which has to forward random ports, so you have to
>> configure the packet-filter on the server as follows
>> _______________
>>
>>"/etc/sysconfig/iptables-config" is your friend
>>
>>if your machine is behind a NAT router:
>>IPTABLES_MODULES="nf_conntrack_ftp nf_nat_ftp"
>>
>>if your machine has as public IP:
>>IPTABLES_MODULES="nf_conntrack_ftp"

or was it this?
if yes - why?

>> usually bash writes down .bash_history on close
>> try it out with "cat ~/.bash_history" and you will
>> not see the entries of your current session!
>>
>> so if you have more than one bash-instance open
>> all of them writing down their history and the
>> last one wins

if you mean the ONE theard with Joe Zeff after his
"not all people are using GNOME" in context of
"system-config-*" - sorry, but these are default
tools of fedora since forever and sometimes one is
reaching a point where i consider him as not smart
to say it polite