[Test-Announce] Fedora 17 Beta Release Candidate 2 (RC2) Available Now!

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Mar 29 03:20:59 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-03-28 at 23:00 -0400, Andre Robatino wrote:

> Installation:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Current_Installation_Test
>
> Base:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Current_Base_Test
>
> Desktop:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Test_Results:Current_Desktop_Test
>
> Ideally, all Alpha and Beta priority test cases for Installation [2],
> Base [3], and Desktop [4] should pass in order to meet the Beta Release
> Criteria [5]. Help is available on #fedora-qa on irc.freenode.net [6],
> or on the test list [7].

Special note on this one: it's time for another sprint, I'm afraid. We
decided at the go/no-go meeting to at least take a shot at validating
this before the release readiness meeting tomorrow and hence avoiding a
slip (it'd be nice to do a non-slip release...)

So, the priority is to get all the Alpha / Beta installation validation
tests done, and the target is tomorrow afternoon sometime, American time
(I don't think we have an exact time for the readiness meeting yet).

Final tests are less important of course, and we can probably transfer
most of the Desktop tests from RC1, as not much changed in the desktop
packages. The big changes are anaconda, so the installation tests are
the most important thing.

If everyone can help fill out the installation validation matrix so we
can hit the ship date (if they pass, of course!) that'd be great!
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey