httpd 2.4 is coming, RFC on module packaging draft

Remi Collet Fedora at FamilleCollet.com
Thu Mar 29 05:40:31 UTC 2012

Le 28/03/2012 20:32, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" a écrit :
> So what we as an project will need to do, is to update our documentation
> and maintainers will have to update default apache configuration  to
> reflect the new configuration syntax for the application/package they
> maintain.

Yes

> Administrators will have to updated their apache configuration(s)
> accordingly

Yes

> or install the mod_access_compat module.

No, as mod_access_compat module can't grant any access when default
access is denied by authz_core (see my previous message).

For upstream, this is a nightmare :

Couldn't rely on mod_access_compat (when some distro are used to not
enable optionnal module)

Couldn't rely on mod_version (the <IfVersion..> work-around for the same
reason

I'm still searching for a good solution I can submit to upstream for
packages I maintained (ok, this is mainly an issue on debian-like distro).

Remi.