Delay in pushing to update-testing with critical security updates

Jan Horak jhorak at redhat.com
Fri Mar 30 10:15:12 UTC 2012

Why it takes 12-20 hours to submit critical security update to
updates-testing repository? Do we have such long queue or is the push
done regularly in long period?

I think we should prioritize 0day security updates a little more if
possible. We're struggling with getting enough positive feedback and
this is another 12-20 hours delay and we can't start the build nor make
and update the day before Mozilla officially releases it.

See:
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2012-1606/thunderbird-10.0.1-1.fc15,xulrunner-10.0.1-1.fc15,firefox-10.0.1-1.fc15?_csrf_token=2687aa88f9c75370a673f0b53ca2cbb1fcda5f68
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2012-1650/thunderbird-10.0.1-1.fc16,xulrunner-10.0.1-1.fc16,firefox-10.0.1-1.fc16?_csrf_token=2687aa88f9c75370a673f0b53ca2cbb1fcda5f68
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2012-1845/xulrunner-10.0.1-3.fc15?_csrf_token=2687aa88f9c75370a673f0b53ca2cbb1fcda5f68