Fedora 17 Change Freeze

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Thu May 3 08:12:11 UTC 2012

On 05/03/2012 08:50 AM, Peter Robinson wrote:
> On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 8:26 AM, Paul Howarth<paul at city-fan.org>  wrote:
>> On 05/01/2012 07:30 PM, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
>>>
>>> the fedora 17 schedule
>>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/17/Schedule lists the final
>>> change freeze as 2012-05-07 this means that you need to make sure that
>>> any changes you want in Fedora 17 final must be submited for stable in
>>> Bodhi before 2012-05-07 there will be a small window on monday where
>>> you can get your build in still but it is not assured. after this time
>>> only blocker bugs will be accepted to be pushed for stable.  please
>>> work on testing and ensuring anything you want in final has the
>>> appropriate karma. If you have questions please drop by #fedora-releng
>>> on freenode
>>

>> I have a critical path update that has been in testing since 18th April:
>>
>> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/updates/FEDORA-2012-6165/perl-IO-Socket-SSL-1.66-1.fc17
>>
>> It's now over two weeks in testing (no feedback, either positive or
>> negative) but I still can't push it to stable - why not?
>
> Because it's a critical path package and they need at least 2+ karma.
> I've added one, you'll need to find another.

I don't believe that's the case any more:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Package_update_acceptance_criteria#Updates_to_.27critical_path.27_packages

   "Updates that constitute a part of the 'critical path' package set
    (defined below) including security updates must follow the rules as
    defined for critical path packages for pending releases, meaning:

   * At the time of the request to stable, the update needs to have
     either a Bodhi karma sum of 2 OR
   * It must spend at least 14 days in updates-testing AND have no
     negative Bodhi karma points."

My update meets the second of these criteria, so I should be able to
push it to stable, shouldn't I?

Paul.