Fedora 17 Change Freeze

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Thu May 3 10:17:30 UTC 2012

On 05/03/2012 09:22 AM, Paul Howarth wrote:
> On 05/03/2012 09:17 AM, Peter Robinson wrote:

>>> I don't believe that's the case any more:
>>>
>>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Package_update_acceptance_criteria#Updates_to_.27critical_path.27_packages
>>>

>>> "Updates that constitute a part of the 'critical path' package set
>>> (defined below) including security updates must follow the rules as
>>> defined for critical path packages for pending releases, meaning:
>>>
>>> * At the time of the request to stable, the update needs to have
>>> either a Bodhi karma sum of 2 OR
>>> * It must spend at least 14 days in updates-testing AND have no
>>> negative Bodhi karma points."
>>>
>>> My update meets the second of these criteria, so I should be able to
>>> push it
>>> to stable, shouldn't I?
>>
>> The time elapsed is based on when the composes are done as I believe
>> it's updated during the compose run so 14 days was yesterday so you'll
>> likely get a message to say it can be pushed to stable during today's
>> compose then.
>
> We'll see, but I'm 100% sure I've been able to push to stable in the
> past as soon (within a minute at the most) as the "time in testing"
> period has passed from the time an update has been recorded as having
> been pushed to testing in Bodhi.

I've now got the message in Bodhi that it's been 14 days in testing and
can be pushed to stable now if the maintainer wishes - but I still can't
do it: there's no "push to stable" link, editing the update to set
"Request" to "stable" has no effect, and neither does the bodhi cli
client, which reports back:

   "This critical path update has not yet been approved for pushing to
    the stable repository.  It must first reach a karma of 2, consisting
    of 0 positive karma from proventesters, along with 2 additional
    karma from the community. Or, it must spend 14 days in testing
    without any negative feedback."

Paul.