EPEL 6 cmake RPATH deafults?!?

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Fri May 4 21:09:57 UTC 2012

I was having trouble building one of my packages for EL6 and I noticed
it was failing during man file generation using help2man.

It turns out that the cmake macros in EL6 use
"-DCMAKE_SKIP_RPATH:BOOL=ON" where Fedora doesn't set this (so
effectively OFF).

This meant that there was no RPATH to the library required by the
executable in the build tree and help2man was failing.

Is there a good reason why this is the default in EL?

On a side note. I wish EL would update to cmake 2.8. I had to do a log
of patching of the cmake configuration to get it to build with 2.6.

Thanks,
Richard