mock and non-local user accounts

Braden McDaniel braden at endoframe.com
Sun May 6 05:19:02 UTC 2012

Does mock have problems with non-local user accounts?  When I do

        $ fedpkg mockbuild

I get:

        ERROR: Must be member of 'mock' group to run mock! (['users'])
        Traceback (most recent call last):
          File "/usr/sbin/mock", line 520, in <module>
            def do_buildsrpm(config_opts, chroot, options, args):
          File "/usr/sbin/mock", line 619, in main
            groupcheck(unprivGid)
          File "/usr/sbin/mock", line 576, in groupcheck
            raise RuntimeError, "Must be member of 'mock' group to run mock! (%s)" % sorted(set(members))
        RuntimeError: Must be member of 'mock' group to run mock! (['users'])

And, yet:

        $ groups
        users desktop_admin_r ccache mock

Does mock have a problem with the fact that my user account information
is coming from LDAP?

(And where is the proper place to report mock bugs?  fedorahosted trac
or Red Hat Bugzilla?)

--
Braden McDaniel <braden at endoframe.com>