mock and non-local user accounts

Niels de Vos devos at fedoraproject.org
Sun May 6 07:34:23 UTC 2012

On 6 May 2012 03:19, "Braden McDaniel" <braden at endoframe.com> wrote:

> Does mock have problems with non-local user accounts?  When I do
>
>        $ fedpkg mockbuild
>
> I get:
>
>        ERROR: Must be member of 'mock' group to run mock! (['users'])
>        Traceback (most recent call last):
>          File "/usr/sbin/mock", line 520, in <module>
>            def do_buildsrpm(config_opts, chroot, options, args):
>          File "/usr/sbin/mock", line 619, in main
>            groupcheck(unprivGid)
>          File "/usr/sbin/mock", line 576, in groupcheck
>            raise RuntimeError, "Must be member of 'mock' group to run
mock! (%s)" % sorted(set(members))
>        RuntimeError: Must be member of 'mock' group to run mock!
(['users'])

I guess you have /usr/sbin before /usr/bin in your path. You should be able
to execute /usr/bin/mock without issues.

> And, yet:
>
>        $ groups
>        users desktop_admin_r ccache mock
>
> Does mock have a problem with the fact that my user account information
> is coming from LDAP?

It should not matter. Although I don't know what the ordering of the paths
changed. I've hit this problem once too, local users only.

> (And where is the proper place to report mock bugs?  fedorahosted trac
> or Red Hat Bugzilla?)

It depends on the component that causes the path ordering issue. I did not
look into the cause yet, and don't seen to have this problem on all my
systems.

Hth,
Niels