Proposed F18 feature: MiniDebugInfo

Jan Kratochvil jan.kratochvil at redhat.com
Mon May 7 14:25:46 UTC 2012

On Mon, 07 May 2012 15:07:20 +0200, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> I just wrote a new Feature proposal for shipping minimal debug info by
> default:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/MiniDebugInfo

The "several choices" is missing the primary possibility of no debug info
needed at the client side at all thanks to already implemented
	https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/RetraceServer

Why not to use ABRT Retrace Server for the bugreports instead?

I am only aware the upload of core file may be slow but that can be solved
(by gdbserver for core files, which was already implemeted once).  I do not
know if it is a real problem or not, core file do not have to be large.

Regards,
Jan