Proposed F18 feature: MiniDebugInfo

Jan Kratochvil jan.kratochvil at redhat.com
Wed May 9 06:23:38 UTC 2012

+
On Tue, 08 May 2012 15:10:28 +0200, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
> Wrong.  From /me you don't get abrt reports at all, because abrt simply
> is a pain with a slow internet link due to the tons of data it wants
> transmit.  Also it doesn't say what it is going to do (download ?? MB
> debuginfo / upload ?? MB core).  And there is no progress bar.  Ok,
> might have changed meanwhile, its a while back I tried last.

Great, these were the first useful posts in this thread.

Therefore IIUC the problem is ABRT is not good enough.

I was also told in the meantime ABRT Retrace Server is not the default
/ automatic option of ABRT, which is also wrong.

So we should restate this Feature as:

	Because ABRT has not yet met its expectations we should provide at
	least this temporary solution before ABRT gets fixed.

So you agree?

Thanks,
Jan