Proposed F18 feature: MiniDebugInfo

Alexander Larsson alexl at redhat.com
Wed May 9 07:27:57 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-05-09 at 08:23 +0200, Jan Kratochvil wrote:
>         Because ABRT has not yet met its expectations we should
> provide at
>         least this temporary solution before ABRT gets fixed.
>
> So you agree?

I agree that ABRT should be better, but I don't agree that having local
minimal debug info is only a temporary solution. Various problems that
ABRT have are inherent to it requiring a network connection and a
centralized server setup, which is not something you can fix. So, having
at least some level of quality local backtraces will still be good even
if ABRT becomes better.