Proposed F18 feature: MiniDebugInfo

Jan Kratochvil jan.kratochvil at redhat.com
Wed May 9 11:41:15 UTC 2012

On Wed, 09 May 2012 13:32:08 +0200, Jiri Moskovcak wrote:
> As for the bandwidth limitations when using ABRT - I hope Lennart's
> core stripping library might help here.

But this degrades backtrace quality again as I have shown in:
	https://fedorahosted.org/pipermail/crash-catcher/2010-September/000984.html

C++ classes no longer have displayed any read/write strings/data.

If there are a real concern about core files upload speed and ABRT is going to
deploy the full-quality core file transfer via gdbserver as I have shown in:
	gdbserver for core files
	https://fedorahosted.org/pipermail/crash-catcher/2010-December/001441.html

I can reimplement it (from elfutils based gdbserver to FSF/bfd gdbserver).
But so far I had no response to either question so I did not spend time on
something without any need and/or not used.

Thanks,
Jan