python-webob 1.1 vs 1.2

Pete Zaitcev zaitcev at redhat.com
Wed May 9 17:19:45 UTC 2012

Guys,

I noticed that we started building Webob 1.1 in F17. However, I had
some issues with 1.1, namely they deprecated a bunch of attributes
by throwing warnings. This causes unit tests to fail and ironically
the way 1.2 completely disables them with None is much easier to
detect, so that code supporting both 1.0 and 1.2 may be written.
Code supporting 1.0 and 1.1 is much more difficult.

So, do you think we could just jump over 1.1 and go to 1.2 betas
instead?

Alternatively, I'd love some advice on how to deal with 1.1.

-- Pete