default media size [Was: Proposed F18 feature: MiniDebugInfo]

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Wed May 9 21:54:06 UTC 2012

John Reiser wrote:
> My 700MHz PentiumIII with 384MB RAM

If Fedora Live media is going to be held back due to your requirements
then I'm going to find myself a new distro to contribute to.

Yes, Fedora Live media should support a *reasonable* set of hardware.
Your hardware is no longer *reasonable*. It is time to move on. End of
discussion - as you will end up dragging this on until the horse is a
ghost (it is already a skeleton).

If the infrastructure team wants to increase default Live image sizes to
1GB then they should do it.

If you want to create your own, custom Live image on that P3 you can
easily do so[1]. I'd expect it will take about a week to complete. It
takes my year old Core i5 about 15 minutes to perform the same operation.

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_create_and_use_a_Live_CD