Like C++? Not afraid of quirky build systems? Seeking LLVM co-maintainers

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu May 10 04:26:32 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2012-05-09 at 23:17 -0400, DJ Delorie wrote:
> > Is LLVMpipe needed on, say, ARM? (Does anyone have a screenshot of
> > GNOME Shell running on such a system?).
>
> Is this close enough?
>
> http://www.delorie.com/arm/f15-gnome-on-olpc.jpg

That's GDM, and so useless unto the purpose. It's not accelerated.

To answer MAS: we don't have working drivers capable of rendering Shell
for any ARM system, to the best of my knowledge. But to slice it another
way, I don't think any current ARM CPU is likely to be powerful enough
to software render Shell at an acceptable speed. ajax would probably
know better than me, though, I may just be blowing smoke.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey