Proposed F18 feature: MiniDebugInfo

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu May 10 05:28:38 UTC 2012

On Thu, 2012-05-10 at 07:19 +0200, Matej Cepl wrote:
> On 9.5.2012 20:56, Chris Adams wrote:
> > Also: "some 7% of working USB sticks that are 512MB or less" - when have
> > any of the standard Live images _ever_ fit on a 512M media?
>
> It of course depends on your definition of “standard”, but Tiny Core
> Linux is less than 12MB ...
> http://distro.ibiblio.org/tinycorelinux/welcome.html ;)

I think he's talking about Fedora ones, and it's a reasonable point.
None of our main live images are under 512MB in size. So given that
no-one makes 700MB or 768MB USB sticks, by going from 700MB to 1GB in
size we would effectively lose precisely zero USB sticks.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey