Like C++? Not afraid of quirky build systems? Seeking LLVM co-maintainers

David Airlie airlied at redhat.com
Thu May 10 08:56:19 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----

Don't confuse llvm and clang, llvm has no equivalent in gcc world,
clang is a C compiler like gcc that uses llvm tech.

Apart from llvmpipe, we use llvm to execute vertex shaders on earlier AMD chipsets,
newer AMD GPUs are also going to use llvm as the shader compiler backend for
GLSL shaders.

AMD also have open source OpenCL work in progress, that uses the GPU driver
and LLVM.

It probably makes sense that one of myself, ajax or glisse help out packaging
llvm, but we aren't the most reliable people in terms of spare time to commit.

Dave.