Proposed F18 feature: MiniDebugInfo

Adam Jackson ajax at redhat.com
Thu May 10 14:56:31 UTC 2012

> drago01 wrote:
> > Not really, you are restricting yourself by the artificial CD size limit.
> > You don't have to use the full size of whatever bigger medium you
> > choose (DVD, 1 or 2GB stick) but you are currently providing a poorer
> > user experience because you insist on a medium from the last century.
>
> If every live image gets larger, that will also negatively affect the nice
> Multi Desktop Live DVDs the Ambassadors are now mass-producing. Those
> contain all our live CDs (all desktops in both 32-bit and 64-bit versions,
> where the bitness is autodetected at boot, but can be manually overridden)
> on one DVD, which is a great thing to hand out at events.

I am unable to find any ISOs of that media.  It appears this is somewhat
intentional:

http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/2011-June/152520.html

Therefore I have difficulty evaluating just how much impact this would
be.  Do you have a link to the recipe for building such an image?  I
suspect the incremental cost of each additional desktop environment
would be successively lower, but without data...

- ajax