How can we make F17 be able to boot on Macs (with or without reFit)

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Fri May 11 04:34:09 UTC 2012

On May 10, 2012, at 8:56 PM, Adam Williamson wrote:

> I'd say almost certainly yes. AIUI on any EFI system there's only ever a
> reason to have _one_ EFI system partition.

mactel-boot in effect creates an HFS+ /boot/efi partition, and does not use the existing FAT32 EFI System partition. So there are already two for Macs. But I'll take it to mean that anaconda should be able to identify and reuse a pre-existing HFS+ /boot/efi instead of creating another one.

Chris Murphy