Like C++? Not afraid of quirky build systems? Seeking LLVM co-maintainers

DJ Delorie dj at redhat.com
Sun May 13 05:30:49 UTC 2012

> Maybe we should draw more of a distinction between LLVM and clang,
> and use ExclusiveArch: on the latter to whitelist only architectures
> we feel comfortable supporting?

That would only make it worse, for surely x86-32 and x86-64 would be
whitelisted, so most developers would "just use clang anyway" and not
realize the problems they're causing.

The issues are how to stop developers and/or packagers from
arbitrarily bringing in new dependencies that (1) aren't supportable,
and (2) aren't desirable, and how to decide what dependencies fit
those categories.