Another heads up for F17 upgrades from F16 (via yum)

Richard Vickery richard.vickeryrv at gmail.com
Tue May 15 15:09:10 UTC 2012

What I get when I attempt to install TC4 is the following:

mount: unknown filesystem type 'DM_snapshot_cow'

dracut Warning: Can't mount root filesystem

Dropping to debug shell

dracut:/#

What can I do to mount the root fs? There is a better, longer question. The
partitions are:

(parted) print sda
Model: ATA FUJITSU MHZ2320B (scsi)
Disk /dev/sda: 320GB
Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B
Partition Table: gpt

Number  Start   End     Size    File system  Name  Flags
 1      1049kB  2097kB  1049kB
 2      2097kB  526MB   524MB   ext4         ext4  boot
 3      526MB   320GB   320GB

and gparted doesn't have a so-named "/root" nor a "/home" filesystem, which
probably goes to why dracut can't find it.

Regards,

Richard